Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Exciting News!

I have a confession - it's been over a week since I last Blogged! LOL. But I come bearing 2 exciting newses! (Yes, you grammar freaks out there, I'm aware that's not a real word, I made it up, it is the plural of news, I have allot of made up words, they're Tinaisms)

News #1 - I'm down a total of 15 lbs. Not that I'm putting much emphasis on the scale, I weigh in once a week just to keep track. my clothes are fitting looser, I should be able to go down a size soon.

News #2 - I finally added the fitness component! So I've started with two things. First some history; 2 years ago, when I lived in St. John's, I had a personal trainer that came to my house to do my workouts, He did kick boxing with me, and I loved it! Since moving to Alberta, I try to get motivated to go to the gym, but I'm not very successful. He also did yoga with me, which I also loved. So 2 nights ago I was perusing facebook and I came across an add. It was for something called "30 minute hit" just for women, so I looked into it and it's a kick boxing circuit. You could sign up for a free trial, so I did! Tonight I went for the first time, it was one heck of a workout, I was exhausted by the end but it was so fun. Check it out here. So I liked it so much I signed up for a membership, and it's right on my way home from work and only takes 30 minutes to do the circuit, 2 minute stations with 15 second break in between.

The second thing I added was yoga, 30 minutes a day, I found a free online program to use. So yoga will be daily and 30 minute hit will be every second day for now until my fitness level improves, then I will do it daily.

When I got home from my workout tonight, I made a protein shake, my trainer from 2 years ago taught me to always have a protein shake after an intense workout to feed your muscles because they get tied and strained during a workout. As you know I make smoothies every morning, but I use a cup of fruit in them. Because it's evening, I didn't want to add the fruit, because of the natural sugar content. So I decided to try a new concoction and it turned out Amazing!! I wasn't sure what on earth it would taste like, but it turned out surprisingly well.

Kale
Cucumber
Plant based protein powder
5-6 Raw Almonds
1 TBSP coconut cream (less than I usually use because I try to intake most of my healthy fats early in the day, not at night because less time to bun them off)
and fill with coconut water.

It was amazing!

I'm starting to really get the hang of this Whole Food thing and I wish I had done it a long time ago!

I'll try to blog again sooner than a week!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment